Excellent customer service is not a “nice-to-have” in today’s business world. Customer satisfaction is invaluable and will feed brand loyalty and repeat business. In this context, managing inbound and outbound calls efficiently is paramount. Missed calls or keeping your customers waiting too long will contribute to a poor experience and may well result in lost business and bad reputation.
You may be considering outsourcing your call handling to a third party and are wondering whether you really need them. Here are some indubitable signs that your business could benefit from the support of a call centre:
- You want to grow your business or focus on specific areas and you need to free up some of your and your staff’s time from answering phone calls.
- You want to launch a sales campaign to find new customers, but your current staff doesn’t have the expertise to handle sales outbound phone calls and you don’t have the in-house knowledge to train them efficiently.
- Your staff is stretched to its limit and adding more to its workload would affect the quality of their work, including call handling.
- You are expecting a sudden, temporary increase in call volumes, for example around Christmas time. As it will be relatively short lived, you can’t justify the costs associated with hiring new employees (salaries, taxes, holiday pay, maternity leave, etc…) and training them, but you don’t want to miss any calls of course. You need staff that is already trained and operational from Day 1, and the ability to scale your workforce up and down quickly to respond to customer demand.
- You need more staff to handle customer calls, but you don’t have the space to accommodate new employees and office equipment on your premises.
- If you are a one-man (or woman) band, you want to make sure that customers always have a point of contact, even when you are away, to ensure that no potential business is lost.
- You want to create a long-term, integrated strategy to increase customer retention and loyalty but you lack the in-house expertise to do so. A professional call centre will be able to work with you to help you achieve your goals and implement your strategy.
Does any of it sound familiar? Then it may be time for you to look for a partner that can help you take your business to the next level.